Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Art Trivia Question 1

Where is Van Gogh's Starry Night piece displayed?


a. Museum of Modern Art in NYC
b. Smithsonian in D.C.
c. The Lourve in Paris
d. The National Gallery in London



The answer is A, right here in the U.S. of A. at the Museum of Modern Art. Van Gogh was actually not pleased with this painting. He once said: In this batch [painting] I think nothing at all good, save the field of wheat, the mountain, the orchard, the olives with the blue hills...the rest says nothing to me, because it lacks individual intention and feeling in the lines. This is a prime example of how we are our own worse critics! I mean, I think it's hauntingly beautiful (yes I said, hauntingly, nothing wrong with trying on different hats...today it's the ART CRITIC hat). What do you guys think?

Stay curious,
Team ARC

No comments:

Post a Comment